Monday 30 August 2010

David Gandy to make his film debut

David Gandy is set to make his long-awaited transition into acting.


David Gandy is to add acting to his repertoire but will not move away from modelling as a career. Photo: Getty/ Vittorio Zunino Celotto
David Gandy, the world’s highest-paid male model, is about to make his film debut, Mandrake can disclose.
“I’ve just done a short film with Helena Christensen,” he tells me. “I can’t say anything more about it. I’ve probably said too much as it is.”
It would, alas, appear that Gandy is not alluding to the title role in the much-talked-about film Mandrake the Magician, although readers would doubtless say that he is sufficiently good-looking.
The 30-year-old Essex-born model has also occasionally been talked about as a possible successor to Daniel Craig in the role of James Bond. He laughs when I ask him about the stories.
“That would be a dream come true,” he says.


Nick Clegg's handwriting is illegible
Gordon Brown's handwriting was often barely legible, but officials at the Commons are now looking back at it with a degree of nostalgia as they become acquainted with Nick Clegg's hand.

They have had to admit defeat with a letter he wrote last month about his unfortunate remark in the Commons in which he appeared to put distance between himself and official government policy on Iraq. "I am happy to make clear my comments in the House on July 21 represented my long-held personal view on the legality of the Iraq conflict," he wrote.
The salutation, written in ink, looks like "Dear Hun." The Commons archivists have plumped instead for "To illegible" for the files.
Calum Best puts best foot forward
Calum Best is set to join the ever-growing list of celebrities who write their autobiographies before they turn 30.
His may, however, prove a cut above the rest as he tells me that it will have much to say about his experiences growing up as the son of the football legend and renowned alcoholic George Best.
"He was a huge part of my life and so of course I will be writing about him," Calum tells me at a party at the new Planet Hollywood in Haymarket. "I couldn't not write about him."
Best has admitted to almost stumbling onto the same self-destructive path that his father took, but says he is now living a much healthier lifestyle and is also taking acting lessons.

0 commenti:

Post a Comment