Monday 3 May 2010

David Zoolander, I mean Gandy on Jonathan Ross


In the words of Derek Zoolander

“Well I guess it all started the first time I went through the second grade. I caught my reflection in a spoon while I was eating my cereal, and I remember thinking "wow, you're ridiculously good looking, maybe you could do that for a career."

The story of male supermodel David Gandy had a similar beginning, but ALAS! His life didn’t run smoothly from the off and he underwent a massive struggle for acceptance into the modelling world. Oh yes. And all because he was “too good-looking”.

No REALLY? Yes really. He told Jonathan Ross (on BBC1 tonight at 10.35pm), “I was laughed off for the first couple of years, I was told I was too good-looking. It was all androgynous, skinny, [they] resembled women more than guys.” Poor David just couldn’t get a break.

As we have no words ourselves, we turn instead to the wisdom of Hansel from the same film; “What's the dealio, yo?”

- Naomi Attwood-


0 commenti:

Post a Comment