Thursday 24 February 2011

David Gandy wants own menswear line



David Gandy has revealed he would love to design his own menswear collection although he is unsure if he is prepared for the vast amounts of work involved just yet.
David Gandy would love to design his own menswear line. The hunky catwalk star loves making his own clothes and would relish the opportunity to create his own collection although he is unsure if he is prepared for all the work involved. He explained to vogue.com: 'I've been thinking about it. People have asked me to do it and it is something I'm considering for the future. I designed my own suit for a party this week and I never got so many compliments on an outfit. 'But there is a big difference between designing one suit or an entire collection. I see how Dolce & Gabbana do it, they just produce season after season and they never get a break. I'm not ready yet to do that just yet, but never say never.' David has previously revealed he finds the lack of respect male models receive upsetting but he believes people are finally beginning to accept the job he does. He said: 'In the hierarchy of a shoot, you have the photographer, the female model, the stylists, the assistants, then the male model. You are the lowest of the low. 'To come out with your pride and dignity intact is probably quite hard in this business. Now there are younger guys coming in who want to be models. I'm actually proud to say I'm a model now. You pay your dues of not being listened to, but now people are starting to say, 'Maybe this guy's onto something.' '
Source: http://news.ph.msn.com/

0 commenti:

Post a Comment