Thursday 26 May 2011

David Gandy: The Book


"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
Johann von Goeth

Well I've talked about it for long enough, and now I can finally reveal the new project that I have been working on with Dolce and Gabbana. On June 20, we will be releasing the David Gandy book.

I'm so proud of this project. Firstly, it is the first time that Dolce & Gabbana have put together a coffee table style book of images for one of their male muses and the first British (maybe even international), male model to have this privilege. Secondly, looking back over all the work that we have done together whilst compiling the book has been an amazing recollection of memories and fun times - and so I'm looking forward to the book release as a kind of celebration of everyone's combined dedication, commitment and hard work. I couldn't have imagined in my wildest dreams when I first start working together with Dolce and Gabbana over 6 years ago, that I would ever have my own book. For Domenico and Stefano to consider me for this is a great, great honour.

Don't worry you won't have to ensue an entire book of my writing - well just a little. The book is full of images from virtually every shoot, including campaigns, fashion shows, calendars, press, editorials etc that myself and Dolce and Gabbana have worked on together. This will obviously then include images by the world's leading photographers, including Mario Testino, Steven Klein, Arnaldo Anaya-Lucca, and it will also include new images shot by Mariano Vivanco on location in NYC - which I personally think are some of the most striking images we have worked on together.

David Gandy © Mariano Vivanco


Profits from the book will go towards the EUPLOOS Project in Italy that aims to put the entire collection of the Gabinetto Disegno e Stampe degli Uffizi in Florence online (drawings, photographs, prints, miniatures, etc), thus creating a complete, accessible computerised catalogue worldwide for future generations. Artists include Botticelli, Leonardo, Raphael and Michelangelo to Dürer, Rubens and Claude Lorrain, along with many others - including contemporary masters of the stature of Giorgio Morandi, Fausto Melotti, Alberto Giacometti and Sol Lewitt. It's a great cause and I hope that you enjoy it - The book will be available at Dolce & Gabbana stores worldwide starting June 20.

Many new projects, ideas and opportunities are on the horizon at the moment. Another exciting project is my fitness/nutrition app that will be developed over the summer. The idea has not only come from the fact that after over ten years of experience (and much trial and error), I think I can produce a very comprehensive and developed fitness and training program that would really simplify what can be a complicated world of fitness/dieting/training, but also from demand and people regularly asking me questions - even from people writing comments on my previous blogs (yes I do read each and every comment). All of this has motivated me to go ahead with this project, so I hope that it helps those of you who are interested in keeping in shape.
Source: www.vogue.co.uk

1 comment: