Thursday 30 September 2010

A Dream Job

Another busy week, another blog.

Following on from my Men's Style Guide going live on iTunes, we launched my little project properly last Wednesday at The Criterion Restaurant in Piccadilly. Not only is The Criterion one of the most beautiful restaurants in London, it also made the perfect venue for what turned out to be quite a party with fellow fashion industry people, press and friends coming together to celebrate. I was truly overwhelmed by the amount of people that turned up to support me and I'd like the chance to thank everybody that made the evening so special.

It was the launch party of The Session School last night. A friend Dani Guinsburg, along with Ben Cooke, Jennie Roberts and Jonathon Long have opened a school for people who have dreamt of working backstage at a fashion show, making up a model for a magazine shoot or styling the hair of a celebrity. Not only is the school situated in one of the most astonishing building/locations in London, it really is full of some of the most talented, experienced and truly lovely people. You can take a look here www.thesessionschool.com/index.html.

Away from fashion for a moment, I got to realise a dream at the beginning of this week. I am now test driving and writing about cars for GQ.COM! I will never get over the fact or be able to wipe the boyish silly grin off my face as people hand me the keys to a mixture of fantastic cars, past and present, including very fast, very expensive sports cars for me to drive at speed around a racetrack. I always expect a tap on the shoulder just before I'm about to get in the car from someone with a “really, who are you kidding?” look on their face, the same as I always feel just before walking onto a catwalk! I'm a lucky man.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/blogs/david-gandy/default.aspx

1 comment: