Friday 10 September 2010

GQ Men Of The Year

I was very happy to be invited by GQ and Dunhill to one of the year's hottest events this week - my first ever GQ Men Of The Year Awards.

The style and charisma on show from the some of the world's top talent made for a wonderful evening. Many highlights included Michael McIntyre bringing the house (Royal Opera) down, with his ability to make everything hilarious, and David Cameron showing a great side to his character with a controversial remark about Wayne Rooney, whilst accepting his award. However, the man who stole the show for me was the host, James Nesbitt. Not only was he funny, stylish and charming throughout the whole evening, but he wowed the audience with his rendition of Come Fly With Me - changing the words to incorporate the names of the more famous guests - showing another talent of his, singing!

What made the evening very special to me was GQ stating the dress code to be Classical Black Tie. It’s always interesting to see each guys' individual take on this style. Everyone looked effortlessly cool with many people dressed in Giorgio Armani (one of the guests) and Tom Ford, so it wasn't hard to go wrong. I was in a midnight blue, three-piece velvet Dolce & Gabbana suit, which I have to say is probably now the favourite piece in my wardrobe. Their collection this season is truly breathtaking.

Among the highs there has also been a big low for a petrol head like myself this week, but more about that on my next blog.

Follow David Gandy~source~

0 commenti:

Post a Comment